- 1. straightaway, straight, section, segment
- usage: a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- 1. immediate, prompt, quick, straightaway, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "a prompt reply"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. immediately, instantly, straightaway, straight off, directly, now, right away, at once, forthwith, like a shot
- usage: without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; "he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
All rights reserved.
See also: straightaway (Dictionary)