Synonyms of straight
- 1. heterosexual, heterosexual person, straight person, straight, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a heterosexual person; someone having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex
- 2. straight, poker hand
- usage: a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit)
- 3. straightaway, straight, section, segment
- usage: a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- 1. straight, consecutive, continuous (vs. discontinuous), uninterrupted
- usage: successive (without a break); "sick for five straight days"
- 2. straight (vs. crooked), aligned, unbent, untwisted, direct, vertical#1, perpendicular
- usage: having no deviations; "straight lines"; "straight roads across the desert"; "straight teeth"; "straight shoulders"
- 3. straight (vs. curly), uncurled, unpermed
- usage: (of hair) having no waves or curls; "her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- 4. straight, unbent, unbowed, erect (vs. unerect), vertical, upright
- usage: erect in posture; "sit straight"; "stood defiantly with unbowed back"
- 5. straight, accurate (vs. inaccurate)
- usage: in keeping with the facts; "set the record straight"; "made sure the facts were straight in the report"
- 6. straight (vs. crooked), square, aboveboard, straightforward, guileless, transparent, straightarrow(prenominal), honest#1, honorable, lawful
- usage: characterized by honesty and fairness; "straight dealing"; "a square deal"
- 7. uncoiled (vs. coiled), straight, uncurled
- usage: no longer coiled
- 8. straight (vs. curved), trabeated, trabeate, uncurved, uncurving
- usage: free from curves or angles; "a straight line"
- 9. straight, tidy (vs. untidy)
- usage: neatly arranged; not disorderly; "the room is straight now"
- 10. straight, heterosexual (vs. homosexual) (vs. bisexual)
- usage: not homosexual
- 11. true, straight, even (vs. uneven)
- usage: accurately fitted; level; "the window frame isn't quite true"
- 12. square(prenominal), straightforward, straight, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: without evasion or compromise; "a square contradiction"; "he is not being as straightforward as it appears"
- 13. neat, straight, full-strength, undiluted (vs. diluted)
- usage: without water; "took his whiskey neat"
- 14. straight, correct (vs. incorrect), right (vs. wrong)
- usage: following a correct or logical method; "straight reasoning"
- 15. square, straight, conventional (vs. unconventional)
- usage: rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
- 1. directly, straight, direct
- usage: without deviation; "the path leads directly to the lake"; "went direct to the office"
- 2. directly, flat, straight
- usage: in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly; "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
- 3. straight
- usage: in a straight line; in a direct course; "the road runs straight"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of straight (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.