- 1. stout, ale
- usage: a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
- 2. stout, size
- usage: a garment size for a large or heavy person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stalwart, stout, resolute (vs. irresolute)
- usage: dependable; "the stalwart citizens at Lexington"; "a stalwart supporter of the UN"; "stout hearts"
- 2. portly, stout, fat (vs. thin)
- usage: euphemisms for `fat'; "men are portly and women are stout"
- 3. hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships; "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
All rights reserved.
See also: stout (Dictionary)