- 1. shop, store, mercantile establishment, retail store, sales outlet, outlet
- usage: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- 2. store, stock, fund, accumulation
- usage: a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- 3. memory, computer memory, storage, computer storage, store, memory board, memory device, storage device, hardware, computer hardware
- usage: an electronic memory device; "a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
- 4. storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store, depository, deposit, depositary, repository
- usage: a depository for goods; "storehouses were built close to the docks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away, keep, hold on
- usage: keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- 2. store, keep, hold on
- usage: find a place for and put away for storage; "where should we stow the vegetables?"; "I couldn't store all the books in the attic so I sold some"
All rights reserved.
See also: store (Dictionary)