WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. storage, retention, keeping, holding
- usage: the act of storing something
- 2. storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store, depository, deposit, depositary, repository
- usage: a depository for goods; "storehouses were built close to the docks"
- 3. storage, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials
- 4. storage, computer operation, machine operation
- usage: (computer science) the process of storing information in a computer memory or on a magnetic tape or disk
- 5. memory, computer memory, storage, computer storage, store, memory board, memory device, storage device, hardware, computer hardware
- usage: an electronic memory device; "a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
- 6. repositing, reposition, storage, warehousing, deposit, deposition
- usage: depositing in a warehouse; "they decided to reposition their furniture in a recommended repository in Brooklyn"; "my car is in storage"; "publishers reduced print runs to cut down the cost of warehousing"
All rights reserved.
See also: storage (Dictionary)