Synonyms of stoop
- 1. stoop, inclination, inclining
- usage: an inclination of the top half of the body forward and downward
- 2. stoup, stoop, basin
- usage: basin for holy water
- 3. stoop, stoep, porch
- usage: small porch or set of steps at the front entrance of a house
- 1. crouch, stoop, bend, bow, bend, flex
- usage: bend one's back forward from the waist on down; "he crouched down"; "She bowed before the Queen"; "The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
- 2. condescend, stoop, lower oneself, act, move
- usage: debase oneself morally, act in an undignified, unworthy, or dishonorable way; "I won't stoop to reading other people's mail"
- 3. stoop, pounce, swoop
- usage: descend swiftly, as if on prey; "The eagle stooped on the mice in the field"
- 4. stoop, slope, incline, pitch
- usage: sag, bend, bend over or down; "the rocks stooped down over the hiking path"
- 5. stoop, hold, carry, bear
- usage: carry oneself, often habitually, with head, shoulders, and upper back bent forward; "The old man was stooping but he could walk around without a cane"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stoop (Dictionary)