- 1. Stoic, philosopher
- usage: a member of the ancient Greek school of philosophy founded by Zeno; "a Stoic achieves happiness by submission to destiny"
- 2. stoic, unemotional person, adult, grownup
- usage: someone who is seemingly indifferent to emotions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stoic, stoical, unemotional (vs. emotional)
- usage: seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain; impassive; "stoic courage"; "stoic patience"; "a stoical sufferer"
- 2. Stoic
- usage: pertaining to Stoicism or its followers
All rights reserved.
See also: stoic (Dictionary)