WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stodgy, indigestible (vs. digestible)
- usage: heavy and starchy and hard to digest; "stodgy food"; "a stodgy pudding served up when everyone was already full"
- 2. fogyish, moss-grown, mossy, stick-in-the-mud(predicate), stodgy, unfashionable (vs. fashionable), unstylish
- usage: (used pejoratively) out of fashion; old fashioned; "moss-grown ideas about family life"
- 3. stodgy, stuffy, conventional (vs. unconventional) (vs. unconventional)
- usage: excessively conventional and unimaginative and hence dull; "why is the middle class so stodgy, so utterly without a sense of humor?"; "a stodgy dinner party"
All rights reserved.
See also: stodgy (Dictionary)