WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stipulation, judicial admission, concession
- usage: (law) an agreement or concession made by parties in a judicial proceeding (or by their attorneys) relating to the business before the court; must be in writing unless they are part of the court record; "a stipulation of fact was made in order to avoid delay"
- 2. condition, precondition, stipulation, premise, premiss, assumption
- usage: an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
- 3. stipulation, specification, restriction, confinement
- usage: a restriction that is insisted upon as a condition for an agreement
All rights reserved.
See also: stipulation (Dictionary)