Synonyms of stinging
- 1. sting, stinging, pain, hurting
- usage: a kind of pain; something as sudden and painful as being stung; "the sting of death"; "he felt the stinging of nettles"
- 1. bite, sting, burn, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort; "The sun burned his face"
- 2. sting, bite, prick, pierce
- usage: deliver a sting to; "A bee stung my arm yesterday"
- 3. stick, sting, force, thrust
- usage: saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill"
- 4. prick, sting, twinge, hurt, ache, suffer
- usage: cause a stinging pain; "The needle pricked his skin"
- 5. sting, hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- usage: cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging; "His remark stung her"
- 1. cutting, edged, stinging, unkind (vs. kind)
- usage: (of speech) harsh or hurtful in tone or character; "cutting remarks"; "edged satire"; "a stinging comment"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.