Synonyms of stimulate
- 1. stimulate, excite, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- 2. induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- 3. stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- 4. stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up, affect
- usage: cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- 5. induce, stimulate, rush, hasten, effect, effectuate, set up
- usage: cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- 6. stimulate, excite, stir, sensitize, sensitise
- usage: stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
- 7. provoke, stimulate, challenge
- usage: provide the needed stimulus for
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stimulate (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.