WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gluey, glutinous, gummy, mucilaginous, pasty, sticky, viscid, viscous, adhesive (vs. nonadhesive)
- usage: having the sticky properties of an adhesive
- 2. sticky, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: moist as with undried perspiration and with clothing sticking to the body; "felt sticky and chilly at the same time"
- 3. muggy, steamy, sticky, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: hot or warm and humid; "muggy weather"; "the steamy tropics"; "sticky weather"
- 4. awkward, embarrassing, sticky, unenviable, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment; "awkward (or embarrassing or difficult) moments in the discussion"; "an awkward pause followed his remark"; "a sticky question"; "in the unenviable position of resorting to an act he had planned to save for the climax of the campaign"
- 5. sticky, adhesive (vs. nonadhesive)
- usage: covered with an adhesive material
All rights reserved.
See also: sticky (Dictionary)