WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steward, fiduciary
- usage: someone who manages property or other affairs for someone else
- 2. steward, officer, ship's officer
- usage: the ship's officer who is in charge of provisions and dining arrangements
- 3. steward, flight attendant, attendant, attender, tender
- usage: an attendant on an airplane
- 4. shop steward, steward, union representative
- usage: a union member who is elected to represent fellow workers in negotiating with management
- 5. custodian, keeper, steward, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: one having charge of buildings or grounds or animals
All rights reserved.
See also: steward (Dictionary)