WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stripper, stemmer, sprigger, worker
- usage: a worker who strips the stems from moistened tobacco leaves and binds the leaves together into books
- 2. stemmer, worker
- usage: a worker who makes or applies stems for artificial flowers
- 3. stemmer, stemming algorithm, algorithm, algorithmic rule, algorithmic program
- usage: an algorithm for removing inflectional and derivational endings in order to reduce word forms to a common stem
- 4. stemmer, tamp, tamper, tamping bar
- usage: a miner's tamping bar for ramming packing in over a blasting charge
- 5. stemmer, device
- usage: a device for removing stems from fruit (as from grapes or apples)
All rights reserved.
See also: stemmer (Dictionary)