Synonyms of stemmed
- 1. stem, originate in
- usage: grow out of, have roots in, originate in; "The increase in the national debt stems from the last war"
- 2. stem, orient
- usage: cause to point inward; "stem your skis"
- 3. stem, stanch, staunch, halt, check
- usage: stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "stem the tide"
- 4. stem, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the stem from; "for automatic natural language processing, the words must be stemmed"
- 1. stemmed (vs. stemless)
- usage: having a stem or stems or having a stem as specified; often used in combination; "stemmed goblets"; "long-stemmed roses"
- 2. caulescent (vs. acaulescent), cauline, stemmed, cylindrical-stemmed, leafy-stemmed, multi-stemmed, short-stemmed, spiny-stemmed, stout-stemmed, thick-stemmed, weak-stemmed, wiry-stemmed, woolly-stemmed, woody-stemmed
- usage: (of plants) producing a well-developed stem above ground
- 3. stemmed, stemless (vs. stemmed)
- usage: having the stem removed; "stemmed berries"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stemmed (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.