Synonyms of steep
- 1. steep, descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope
- usage: a steep place (as on a hill)
- 1. steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
- 2. steep, infuse, soak, imbue
- usage: let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse; "steep the blossoms in oil"; "steep the fruit in alcohol"
- 1. steep (vs. gradual), abrupt, precipitous, sharp, bluff, bold, sheer, heavy, perpendicular, steepish, steep-sided, vertical#1, perpendicular
- usage: having a sharp inclination; "the steep attic stairs"; "steep cliffs"
- 2. exorbitant, extortionate, outrageous, steep, unconscionable, usurious, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation; "exorbitant rent"; "extortionate prices"; "spends an outrageous amount on entertainment"; "usurious interest rate"; "unconscionable spending"
- 3. steep, high (vs. low)
- usage: of a slope; set at a high angle; "note the steep incline"; "a steep roof sheds snow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of steep (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.