- 1. juggernaut, steamroller, power, force
- usage: a massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way
- 2. steamroller, road roller, vehicle
- usage: vehicle equipped with heavy wide smooth rollers for compacting roads and pavements
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steamroller, steamroll, coerce, hale, squeeze, pressure, force
- usage: bring to a specified state by overwhelming force or pressure; "The Senator steamrollered the bill to defeat"
- 2. steamroller, steamroll, go, proceed, move
- usage: proceed with great force; "The new teacher tends to steamroller"
- 3. steamroller, squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze
- usage: crush with a steamroller as if to level; "steamroller the road"
- 4. steamroller, steamroll, overpower, overmaster, overwhelm
- usage: overwhelm by using great force; "steamroller the opposition"
- 5. steamroll, steamroller, flatten
- usage: make level or flat with a steamroller; "steamroll the roads"
All rights reserved.
See also: steamroller (Dictionary)