WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steamroller, steamroll, coerce, hale, squeeze, pressure, force
- usage: bring to a specified state by overwhelming force or pressure; "The Senator steamrollered the bill to defeat"
- 2. steamroller, steamroll, go, proceed, move
- usage: proceed with great force; "The new teacher tends to steamroller"
- 3. steamroller, steamroll, overpower, overmaster, overwhelm
- usage: overwhelm by using great force; "steamroller the opposition"
- 4. steamroll, steamroller, flatten
- usage: make level or flat with a steamroller; "steamroll the roads"
All rights reserved.
See also: steamroll (Dictionary)