Synonyms of steaming
- 1. steamer, steam, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel by means of steam power; "The ship steamed off into the Pacific"
- 2. steam, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit steam; "The rain forest was literally steaming"
- 3. steam, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise as vapor
- 4. steam, anger, see red
- usage: get very angry; "her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man"
- 5. steam, steam clean, clean, make clean
- usage: clean by means of steaming; "steam-clean the upholstered sofa"
- 6. steam, cook
- usage: cook something by letting steam pass over it; "just steam the vegetables"
- 1. steaming, steamy, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: filled with steam or emitting moisture in the form of vapor or mist; "a steaming kettle"; "steamy towels"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. piping, steaming
- usage: (used of heat) extremely; "the casserole was piping hot"
All rights reserved.