Synonyms of steadying
- 1. steady, calm, becalm, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: make steady; "steady yourself"
- 2. brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace; "brace your elbows while working on the potter's wheel"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steadying, helpful (vs. unhelpful)
- usage: causing to become steady; "had a steadying effect on her nerves"
All rights reserved.