- 1. staff, stave, musical notation
- usage: (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
- 2. stave, lag, slat, spline
- usage: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
- 3. rung, round, stave, crosspiece
- usage: a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stave, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish with staves; "stave a ladder"
- 2. stave, stave in, burst, split, break open
- usage: burst or force (a hole) into something
All rights reserved.
See also: stave (Dictionary)