- 1. station, facility, installation
- usage: a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose; "he started looking for a gas station"; "the train pulled into the station"
- 2. place, station, social station, social status, social rank, rank
- usage: proper or designated social situation; "he overstepped his place"; "the responsibilities of a man in his station"; "married above her station"
- 3. station, position, place
- usage: (nautical) the location to which a ship or fleet is assigned for duty
- 4. post, station, position, place
- usage: the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand; "a soldier manned the entrance post"; "a sentry station"
- 5. station, radio frequency
- usage: the frequency assigned to a broadcasting station
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. station, post, send, place, move, displace
- usage: assign to a station
All rights reserved.
See also: station (Dictionary)