WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. statement, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc; "according to his statement he was in London on that day"
- 2. argument, statement, evidence
- usage: a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true; "it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"
- 3. statement, theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea
- usage: (music) the presentation of a musical theme; "the initial statement of the sonata"
- 4. statement, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a nonverbal message; "a Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"; "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
- 5. affirmation, assertion, statement, speech act
- usage: the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
- 6. instruction, command, statement, program line, code, computer code
- usage: (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- 7. statement, financial statement, commercial document, commercial instrument
- usage: a document showing credits and debits
All rights reserved.
See also: statement (Dictionary)