Synonyms of stately
- 1. baronial, imposing, noble, stately, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: impressive in appearance; "a baronial mansion"; "an imposing residence"; "a noble tree"; "severe-looking policemen sat astride noble horses"; "stately columns"
- 2. stately, statuesque, tall (vs. short)
- usage: of size and dignity suggestive of a statue
- 3. courtly, formal, stately, dignified (vs. undignified)
- usage: refined or imposing in manner or appearance; befitting a royal court; "a courtly gentleman"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stately (Dictionary)