- 1. state, say, tell, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name"
- 2. submit, state, put forward, posit, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- 3. express, state, denote, refer
- usage: indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. declared, stated, explicit (vs. implicit), expressed
- usage: declared as fact; explicitly stated
All rights reserved.
See also: stated (Dictionary)