WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. starve, hunger, famish, suffer, hurt
- usage: be hungry; go without food; "Let's eat--I'm starving!"
- 2. starve, famish, die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it
- usage: die of food deprivation; "The political prisoners starved to death"; "Many famished in the countryside during the drought"
- 3. starve, famish, deprive
- usage: deprive of food; "They starved the prisoners"
- 4. crave, hunger, thirst, starve, lust, desire, want
- usage: have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
- 5. starve, deprive
- usage: deprive of a necessity and cause suffering; "he is starving her of love"; "The engine was starved of fuel"
All rights reserved.
See also: starve (Dictionary)