Synonyms of startled
- 1. startle, galvanize, galvanise, shock, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback
- usage: to stimulate to action ; "..startled him awake"; "galvanized into action"
- 2. startle, jump, start, move
- usage: move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
- 1. startled, surprised (vs. unsurprised)
- usage: excited by sudden surprise or alarm and making a quick involuntary movement; "students startled by the teacher's quiet return"; "the sudden fluttering of the startled pigeons"; "her startled expression"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.