WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lotus-eater, stargazer, daydreamer, woolgatherer
- usage: someone indifferent to the busy world; "in the Odyssey Homer tells of lotus-eaters who live in dreamy indolence"
- 2. astronomer, uranologist, stargazer, physicist
- usage: a physicist who studies astronomy
- 3. stargazer, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: heavy-bodied marine bottom-lurkers with eyes on flattened top of the head
All rights reserved.
See also: stargazer (Dictionary)