- 1. starch, amylum, polysaccharide, polyose
- usage: a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice; an important foodstuff and used otherwise especially in adhesives and as fillers and stiffeners for paper and textiles
- 2. starch, formulation, preparation
- usage: a commercial preparation of starch that is used to stiffen textile fabrics in laundering
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. starch, stiffen
- usage: stiffen with starch; "starch clothes"
All rights reserved.
See also: starch (Dictionary)