- 1. cast, mold, mould, stamp, solid
- usage: the distinctive form in which a thing is made; "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- 2. stamp, class, category, family
- usage: a type or class; "more men of his stamp are needed"
- 3. stamp, impression, symbol
- usage: a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving; "he put his stamp on the envelope"
- 4. postage, postage stamp, stamp, token, item
- usage: a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid
- 5. tender, legal tender, stamp, medium of exchange, monetary system
- usage: something that can be used as an official medium of payment
- 6. revenue stamp, stamp, sheet, piece of paper, sheet of paper
- usage: a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid
- 7. stamp, pestle, machine
- usage: machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
- 8. stamp, die
- usage: a block or die used to imprint a mark or design
- 9. seal, stamp, device
- usage: a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stomp, stamp, stump, walk
- usage: walk heavily; "The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
- 2. stamp, impress, imprint
- usage: to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something; "a man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps"
- 3. stamp, qualify, characterize, characterise
- usage: reveal clearly as having a certain character; "His playing stamps him as a Romantic"
- 4. stamp, affix, stick on
- usage: affix a stamp to; "Are the letters properly stamped?"
- 5. pigeonhole, stereotype, stamp, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: treat or classify according to a mental stereotype; "I was stereotyped as a lazy Southern European"
- 6. stamp, snuff out, extinguish
- usage: destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot; "Stamp fascism into submission"; "stamp out tyranny"
- 7. stamp, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form or cut out with a mold, form, or die; "stamp needles"
- 8. stamp, squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze
- usage: crush or grind with a heavy instrument; "stamp fruit extract the juice"
- 9. emboss, boss, stamp, impress, imprint
- usage: raise in a relief; "embossed stationery"
All rights reserved.
See also: stamp (Dictionary)