- 1. loyalist, stalwart, supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend
- usage: a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships; "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
- 2. stalwart, stout, resolute (vs. irresolute)
- usage: dependable; "the stalwart citizens at Lexington"; "a stalwart supporter of the UN"; "stout hearts"
- 3. stalwart, stouthearted, brave (vs. cowardly), courageous
- usage: used especially of persons; "a stalwart knight"; "a stouthearted fellow who had an active career in the army"
All rights reserved.
See also: stalwart (Dictionary)