Synonyms of stalemate
- 1. deadlock, dead end, impasse, stalemate, standstill, situation
- usage: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible; "reached an impasse on the negotiations"
- 2. stalemate, draw, standoff, tie
- usage: drawing position in chess: any of a player's possible moves would place his king in check
- 1. stalemate, move, go
- usage: subject to a stalemate
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stalemate (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.