Synonyms of staff
- 1. staff, force, personnel
- usage: personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task; "the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"; "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
- 2. staff, stick
- usage: a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose; "he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
- 3. staff, faculty, body
- usage: the body of teachers and administrators at a school; "the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
- 4. staff, building material
- usage: building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
- 5. staff, symbol
- usage: a rod carried as a symbol
- 6. staff, stave, musical notation
- usage: (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
- 1. staff, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide with staff; "This position is not always staffed"
- 2. staff, serve
- usage: serve on the staff of; "The two men staff the reception desk"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of staff (Dictionary)