- 1. stable, stalls, horse barn, farm building
- usage: a farm building for housing horses or other livestock
- 1. stable, shelter
- usage: shelter in a stable; "stable horses"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stable (vs. unstable), firm, steady, unfluctuating, lasting, stabile, stabilized, stabilised, constant, permanent#1, lasting, steady
- usage: resistant to change of position or condition; "a stable ladder"; "a stable peace"; "a stable relationship"; "stable prices"
- 2. stable, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation; "the economy is stable"
- 3. stable, unreactive (vs. reactive)
- usage: not taking part readily in chemical change
- 4. stable, balanced (vs. unbalanced)
- usage: maintaining equilibrium
- 5. static, stable, unchanging, unchangeable (vs. changeable)
- usage: showing little if any change; "a static population"
All rights reserved.
See also: stable (Dictionary)