- 1. pang, stab, twinge, feeling
- usage: a sudden sharp feeling; "pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
- 2. stab, thrust, knife thrust, blow
- usage: a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument; "one strong stab to the heart killed him"
- 3. shot, stab, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: informal words for any attempt or effort; "he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knife, stab, injure, wound
- usage: use a knife on; "The victim was knifed to death"
- 2. stab, jab, thrust
- usage: stab or pierce; "he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
- 3. jab, prod, stab, poke, dig, thrust
- usage: poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
All rights reserved.
See also: stab (Dictionary)