- 1. squinch, arch
- usage: a small arch built across the interior angle of two walls (usually to support a spire)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. squinch, crouch, stoop, bend, bow
- usage: crouch down
- 2. flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, wince, recoil, quail, move
- usage: draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
- 3. squint, squinch, grimace, make a face, pull a face
- usage: cross one's eyes as if in strabismus; "The children squinted so as to scare each other"
All rights reserved.
See also: squinch (Dictionary)