Synonyms of squelched
- 1. squelch, quell, quench, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
- 2. squelch, sound, go
- usage: make a sucking sound
- 3. squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh, slop, slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp
- usage: walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
- 4. squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze, press
- usage: to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
- 1. quelled, quenched, squelched, suppressed (vs. publicized)
- usage: subdued or overcome; "the quelled rebellion"; "an uprising quenched almost before it started"; "a squelched rumor"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.