Synonyms of squelch
- 1. put-down, squelch, squelcher, takedown, derision
- usage: a crushing remark
- 2. squelch circuit, squelch, squelcher, circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit
- usage: an electric circuit that cuts off a receiver when the signal becomes weaker than the noise
- 1. squelch, quell, quench, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
- 2. squelch, sound, go
- usage: make a sucking sound
- 3. squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh, slop, slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp
- usage: walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
- 4. squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze, press
- usage: to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of squelch (Dictionary)