- 1. squawk, noise
- usage: the noise of squawking; "she awoke to the squawk of chickens"; "the squawk of car horns"
- 2. gripe, kick, beef, bitch, squawk, objection
- usage: informal terms for objecting; "I have a gripe about the service here"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. squawk, screak, skreak, skreigh, screech, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: utter a harsh abrupt scream
- 2. gripe, bitch, grouse, crab, beef, squawk, bellyache, holler, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: complain; "What was he hollering about?"
All rights reserved.
See also: squawk (Dictionary)