WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. specious, spurious, false (vs. true)
- usage: plausible but false; "a specious claim"; "spurious inferences"
- 2. bastardly, misbegot, misbegotten, spurious, illegitimate (vs. legitimate)
- usage: born out of wedlock; "the dominions of both rulers passed away to their spurious or doubtful offspring"- E.A.Freeman
- 3. inauthentic, unauthentic, spurious, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: intended to deceive; "a spurious work of art"
All rights reserved.
See also: spurious (Dictionary)