- 1. spruce, wood
- usage: light soft moderately strong wood of spruce trees; used especially for timbers and millwork
- 2. spruce, conifer, coniferous tree
- usage: any coniferous tree of the genus Picea
- 1. spruce up, spruce, titivate, tittivate, smarten up, slick up, spiff up, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: make neat, smart, or trim; "Spruce up your house for Spring"; "titivate the child"
- 2. spruce up, spruce, slick up, smarten up, groom, neaten
- usage: dress and groom with particular care, as for a special occasion; "He spruced up for the party"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, spiffy, snappy, spruce, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat"
All rights reserved.
See also: spruce (Dictionary)