- 1. sprout, plant organ
- usage: any new growth of a plant such as a new branch or a bud
- 2. sprout, greens, green, leafy vegetable
- usage: a newly grown bud (especially from a germinating seed)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shoot, spud, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout, grow
- usage: produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
- 2. sprout, stock, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: put forth and grow sprouts or shoots; "the plant sprouted early this year"
All rights reserved.
See also: sprout (Dictionary)