- 1. scattering, sprinkling, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small number (of something) dispersed haphazardly; "the first scatterings of green"; "a sprinkling of grey at his temples"
- 2. scattering, sprinkle, sprinkling, shower, rain shower
- usage: a light shower that falls in some locations and not others nearby
- 3. aspersion, sprinkling, baptism
- usage: the act of sprinkling water in baptism (rare)
- 4. sprinkle, sprinkling, sparge, watering
- usage: the act of sprinkling or splashing water; "baptized with a sprinkling of holy water"; "a sparge of warm water over the malt"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse, discharge
- usage: distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
- 2. sprinkle, splash, splosh, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force; "She splashed the water around her"
- 3. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter, rain, rain down
- usage: rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- 4. sprinkle, sparge, besprinkle, wet
- usage: scatter with liquid; wet lightly; "Sprinkle the lawn"
All rights reserved.
See also: sprinkling (Dictionary)