- 1. spread, spreading, change of location, travel
- usage: process or result of distributing or extending over a wide expanse of space
- 2. gap, spread, disparity
- usage: a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures; "gap between income and outgo"; "the spread between lending and borrowing costs"
- 3. ranch, spread, cattle ranch, cattle farm, farm
- usage: farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle)
- 4. scatter, spread, distribution, dispersion
- usage: a haphazard distribution in all directions
- 5. spread, paste, condiment
- usage: a tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers or used in preparing other dishes
- 6. banquet, feast, spread, meal, repast
- usage: a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed; "a banquet for the graduating seniors"; "the Thanksgiving feast"; "they put out quite a spread"
- 7. spread, spread head, spreadhead, facing pages, page
- usage: two facing pages of a book or other publication
- 8. spread, girth
- usage: the expansion of a person's girth (especially at middle age); "she exercised to avoid that middle-aged spread"
- 9. bedspread, bedcover, bed cover, bed covering, counterpane, spread, bedclothes, bed clothing, bedding
- usage: decorative cover for a bed
- 10. spread, spreading, extension
- usage: act of extending over a wider scope or expanse of space or time
- 1. spread, distribute
- usage: distribute or disperse widely; "The invaders spread their language all over the country"
- 2. spread, propagate, move
- usage: become distributed or widespread; "the infection spread"; "Optimism spread among the population"
- 3. spread, overspread, cover, continue, extend
- usage: spread across or over; "A big oil spot spread across the water"
- 4. unfold, spread, spread out, open, undo
- usage: spread out or open from a closed or folded state; "open the map"; "spread your arms"
- 5. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- 6. go around, spread, circulate, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: become widely known and passed on; "the rumor spread"; "the story went around in the office"
- 7. spread, scatter, spread out, circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute
- usage: strew or distribute over an area; "He spread fertilizer over the lawn"; "scatter cards across the table"
- 8. diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out, spread, distribute
- usage: move outward; "The soldiers fanned out"
- 9. spread, cover
- usage: cover by spreading something over; "spread the bread with cheese"
- 10. spread
- usage: distribute over a surface in a layer; "spread cheese on a piece of bread"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dispersed, spread, distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: distributed or spread over a considerable extent; "has ties with many widely dispersed friends"; "eleven million Jews are spread throughout Europe"
- 2. spread, prepared (vs. unprepared)
- usage: prepared or arranged for a meal; especially having food set out; "a table spread with food"
- 3. outspread, spread, extended (vs. unextended)
- usage: fully extended in width; "outspread wings"; "with arms spread wide"
All rights reserved.
See also: spread (Dictionary)