- 1. descry, spot, espy, spy, spy, sight
- usage: catch sight of
- 2. spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- usage: detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- 3. blemish, spot, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: mar or impair with a flaw; "her face was blemished"
- 4. spot, fleck, blob, blot, change surface
- usage: make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth"
- 5. spot, change
- usage: become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
- 6. spot, mark
- usage: mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. patched, spotty, spotted, patterned (vs. plain)
- usage: having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture); "a field patched with ice and snow"; "the wall had a spotty speckled effect"; "a black-and-white spotted cow"
All rights reserved.
See also: spotted (Dictionary)