- 1. spoon, cutlery, eating utensil, container
- usage: a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle; used to stir or serve or take up food
- 2. spoon, spoonful, containerful
- usage: as much as a spoon will hold; "he added two spoons of sugar"
- 3. spoon, wood
- usage: formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spoon, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: scoop up or take up with a spoon; "spoon the sauce over the roast"
- 2. smooch, spoon, neck, make out
- usage: snuggle and lie in a position where one person faces the back of the others
All rights reserved.
See also: spoon (Dictionary)