- 1. spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering, noise
- usage: the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
- 2. sputter, splutter, utterance, vocalization
- usage: an utterance (of words) with spitting sounds (as in rage)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sputter, splutter, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage
- 2. splutter, sputter, spit out, expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out
- usage: spit up in an explosive manner
All rights reserved.
See also: splutter (Dictionary)