Synonyms of split up
- 1. split, stock split, split up, increase, step-up
- usage: an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity; "they announced a two-for-one split of the common stock"
- 1. divorce, split up, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: get a divorce; formally terminate a marriage; "The couple divorced after only 6 months"
- 2. divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up, change integrity
- usage: separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
- 3. separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
- 4. break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart, change integrity
- usage: become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.