- 1. splinter, sliver, bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap
- usage: a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal; "he got a splinter in his finger"; "it broke into slivers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. secede, splinter, break away, separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: withdraw from an organization or communion; "After the break up of the Soviet Union, many republics broke away"
- 2. sliver, splinter, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide into slivers or splinters
- 3. splinter, sliver, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: break up into splinters or slivers; "The wood splintered"
All rights reserved.
See also: splinter (Dictionary)