- 1. splice, splicing, junction, conjunction
- usage: a junction where two things (as paper or film or magnetic tape) have been joined together; "the break was due to an imperfect splice"
- 2. lap joint, splice, joint
- usage: joint made by overlapping two ends and joining them together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. splice, join, conjoin
- usage: join the ends of; "splice film"
- 2. marry, wed, tie, splice, officiate
- usage: perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
- 3. splice, join, conjoin
- usage: join together so as to form new genetic combinations; "splice genes"
- 4. splice, intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace
- usage: join by interweaving strands; "Splice the wires"
All rights reserved.
See also: splice (Dictionary)